Click on headings to open.
December 2015 - Foxing Awning
- We have installed a Foxing awning. This will provide shade wherever we are. It is quick to setup and pack up. It is also an alternative to putting up our camper awning for those quick overnight stops.
Dec 2015 - Exhaust Leak
- The EGR cooler has been leaking exhaust gas, and causing the turbo to whistle louder. The water had also been bypassed around the EGR cooler.
The EGR cooler has now been replaced and the water reconnected. The EGR valve was also found to be loose and a vacuum hose had come off. Both these have been rectified.
The car now runs much better, has more power and no whistle. The engine light is also off.
Nov 2015 - ScanGuage
- A ScanguageII has been installed to monitor vital engine functions. Installation was simply to pug it into the OBD port.
Oct 2015 - Tyres and Wheels
- It was time to replace the tyres. I decided to uograde from 235/75 15 to 245/70 16 as they are slightly taller and more easily obtainable around the country.
This required changing the rims, and I went for Black Trak2 rims from ROH in 16x7.\
The tyres are Hancook ATM RF10. The first time I have used Hancook.
Sep 2015 - Roof Basket
- We needed some more storage, so have added a Rhino roof basket. It is a small one as it is a good fit and allows us to keep the shovel and high-lift jack mounts.
The basket will be used to carry the solar panels, so they don’t have to be removed from the top of the camper each night when travelling.
Feb 2015 - Rear Storage
- The rear storage has been upgraded with a new drawer built and fitted.
February 2015 - Replaced Timing Belt
- It was time to replace the timing belt. Also replaced the tensioner. Better to be safe than sorry.
December 2013 - Canopy Leak
- The canopy was laking from the holes where the roof rack is mounted. This was fixed with silicon round the rubber seals.
September 2013 - Overheating
- The BT-50 was overheating when owing. The radiator was found to be blocked, and replaced.
While this improved the overheating issue, it wasn't solved.
The thermostat and fan clutch were replaced, the water pump was checked and found to be OK. The radiator was not getting hot, so it appeared the water was not flowing around the cooling system.
After a year of overheating problems when towing, the head gasket was found to be leaking between cylinders in 2 places (1-2 and 3-4).
The cylinder head was repaired and the head gasket replaced, and no more overheating problems.